Saturday, January 16, 2010

HEATWAVE!


I think God is blessing me today, as it is 45 degrees on this mid-winters day. That's our German Shepherd, "Puppy" looking outside. I have a bunch of windows open and we have turned off our heat! With weather like this it makes me yearn for spring, only a few more months to go until then. *smirk*

I was musing on how much I enjoy the outdoors, nature is such a wonderful gift and I don't appreciate it enough. Sunlight has a very large effect on my mood too, I think it's very important to get sun while its out. I realized I might have a vitamin D deficiency, which could account for my foul mood since the dead of winter hit. Even if you just stand in a window for a few minutes, it can be very beneficial.

Our little family is going to go for a nature walk on the WV Panhandle trail later this afternoon, I'm looking forward to getting some excercise, breathing some fresh air, and soaking in some much needed sunlight! :D

No comments: