Saturday, March 13, 2010

Seed starting



So I started some seeds a couple weeks ago, and they are doing splendidly under our handy dandy grow lights.

Here are some of the bell peppers. There are 7 of these babies already.


These are my garlic chives, they are amazing growers, they're touching the grow light that is 3 inches above them. Crazy.


Here's the oregano, I only planted like, 5 seeds, so I have no idea where all these seedlings came from, I'm guessing they make extra sprouts underneath. *shrug*



And here is my lone rosemary seedling. I read somewhere they have a crummy germination rate, around 50%, so we're doing okay with one out of 4 considering that they are temperamental little things.

I have some Johnny Jump Up violas sprouting too, but I couldn't manage to get a good picture of them. Ah well. Also, my cherry tomatoes are coming up like crazy, almost every seed I planted is poking through the seed starting mix, I am much pleased. I have high hopes for this container gardening endeavor, and with this increasingly warming weather, I think I might go mad with anticipation. Mad I tell you.

No comments: